3-hour women's self-defense seminar in Arlington, VA- September 27th
Location: CrossFit Adaptation, 4144 S. Four Mile Run Dr. Arlington, VA
When: Saturday September 27th 1:30-4:30 pm
$60/person if 2+ ladies register
$50/person for CrossFit Adaptation/CFFC member
In this self-defense class we will be integrating new concepts, drills and ideas centered around the types of violence women are most likely to encounter and how to deal with situations both verbally and physically.
- Defining the problem- what type of violent situations are women most likely to encounter?
- MINDSET discussion: awareness, intuition/instincts and fear management discussion
- Using your voice: verbal scenarios
- Simple, gross-motor fighting skills
- S.P.E.A.R system-based drills, defending ambush attacks
- Stress test: experience replicated attacks with our instructors wearing padded, impact reduction gear
Ladies: you may bring one, supportive MALE with you to this training event AT NO EXTRA COST (friend, brother, lover, etc.) if it makes your feel more comfortable to do so. It is not required & you will still do the exact same drills if you do not bring someone. This person will participate and help you by holding pads for you and engaging with you when we do some of the verbal and physical role-playing scenarios. Although the men present will learn valuable information as well, the lecture, drills, and scenario training will be directed towards women. Please email me if you plan to bring someone so I can track total attendance.
Attendance will be limited
- Arrive about 10 minutes early but please DO NOT ENTER THE BUILDING BEFORE 1:15 since there is a class in session prior to our training
- Wear comfortable clothes that you could workout in, no jewelry
- Please DO NOT park in the chicken place parking lot or behind the bay doors of the Kung-Fu place
- PLEASE print out & bring a signed waiver with you (see below)
- This class is intended for ages 18+; however, 15-17 may attend if a parent/guardian also registers and attends with them; however, please note, this class is will have adult concepts & explicit language will be used to replicate how real violence occurs, content will not be diluted
- No refunds or credit for no-shows; 48-hour cancellation policy in effect for those that preregister
- You may not carry-over this registration to another event date